Top Businesses that can be Started in Nigeria with #0 naira (No capital)
Most undergraduates (University, College of Education, Polytechnic) believe that its not possible to actually start a business/ develop enterpreneural skills that are salable, well that is not true. Alot of student who have tried one or 2 approaches towards being self reliant and creative in the society, most especially their schools in Nigeria, can attest to the fact that its possible to actually get started with zero capital.
- The right mindset: You may start by feeling you are experimenting to know if people will be willing to patronize you, but before i for one can patronize you for instance, by your attitude you can sound convincing, so watch out in believing in yourself and also how to present your sellable ideas for patronage.
- Fall in love with it: If your desire is just to make the money, you might later start to dislike what you do, develop this natural love for what you are doing and let the joy in you be seen by your customers.
- Be ready to be corrected/insulted/abused/gossiped about and encouraged: To this number 3 point, alot comes with the desire to get involved with something, at some days you will feel bad, some days you will feel challenged to be better especially when you see your competitors, some days you will feel “oh am done trying”, but hey dont feel discouraged, dont insult your customers, learn to listen and if possible, Boss up and expain why you have taken that option and not the other. Thesame people who laugh at you today or worst gossip you, would see you become better.
- Right level of creativity: This days people are tird with the way things are done, they want some spicing to what you can offer, make your work unique at low cost, remember creativity rules.
- Learn to market yourself: While you chat, visit people, learn to tell them what you do, it will help you grow. Encourage them to tell their friends and people around them, in no short time, you will have customers calling. Our core function on konectBiz is to give your work a great boost, so dont forget to create an account with us and advertise your products, your pictures can mean a million to those in need of your service. Do share with people around you, that they too can now sell theirself better using our website.
- Save and Invest: Learn to save from the money you make, ensure you get ready quickly to start investing in this business of yours and be ready to make it work.
At this point here comes the kind of businesses/services/hustle/jobs you can start in 2019 as an undergraduate, graduate.
Media / Influencer Marketing
If your are a king on social media or you can slay for African on social media, why not turn that fanbase of yours to a publicity paradiseInstagram, Snapchat, Facebook are platforms where Nigerians are making loads of cash just by sharing and promoting events/engaging contents. This is a business idea you also need to venture into if you are crazy about social media.Let me burst your bubble, do you know that some people with thousands of followers, charge between 15,000 – 50,000 Naira per post or even more just to share with their friends whats coming up in their city. Well thats a serious way to start.
In Affiliate marketing you can approach business owners and have agreements with them on sales and referrals, every business need an idea or more to grow. I heard of a Lady, who makes about #200,000 monthly by promoting a business and she still has her daily job. So my brother and sister, its not always going to be that ” I am beautiful, Handsome or that you can smile so well” use this natural gifts to attract patronage to people’s businesses and get paid.
These days, people import various products and make money on it, so this business should not be crossed off your list either. Usually, you can start with understanding what it takes and on a low-scale (mini-importation) import for people close to you after they have paid, just Incase something may delay your shipping, this kind of people can be easily managed, get to understand the process better. You can even start by delivering the product to the owners as soon as it arrives.
Blogging or vlogging or content creating, is not so easy as people feel, so you need the right level of passion for this, it sure pays if you love it and won’t get tiredd and possibly discouraged to stop. First you need to identify your niche more on this will be written on our subsequent posts. Ensure you are not going to be copying other writers post, it’s a sin and Google and other search engines dislike such, remember google is amongst the may places your post can be easily seen by people you never expected, so you have to make this search engines happy and identify you as a serious person. Subsequently I would be sharing sure means to make money in blogging fast, I know this days it’s the surrest approach we want, so follow us and see.
Since we are interested in what you can do with zero finance, this should be an option for people with laptop’s or desktop’s.
For graphic designs, you also need the right skill, especially as it relates to clean and attractive designs, not every design this days match what is expected in 2019, knowing Photoshop, Corel draw as basis is not enough, knowing the right color mixtures to get your work appealing to people is key. Their are downloadable elements called vectors that can be used to make your work more appealing, do try to learn how to use them. You can always advertise your self on konectbiz as a service provider and do well to share pictures of your graphic design.
A video editor is skilled in putting video clips together, as each video clip contains frames, the editor should know what frames need to be removed, at some point such removals can be done at the smallest second read on the video timeline. It’s not a kind of job you can do without a powerful laptop from core i5-i7 and better still other video editing components should be on the laptop. So it’s not just having a powerful laptop but being able to use it to do some creative works that are sellable.
A Web designer/developer refers to those people who can create Websites, learn to make your website look very attractive and easy to navigate. This skill demands alot of time to perfect, always know people make money with it and if you love it,you too can.
- Digital marketing
A Digital marketer is someone who sells products online, on konectBiz we are deeply involved in encouraging your business to grow, so add your Businesses here as a Nigerian and encourage people around you to do same. As a digital Digital marketer, you can sell products for people and get paid on sales. The key point is that the digital marketing specialists, obviously are mostly concentrated on the marketing in the digital world as opposed to the real world. Starting your own agency does not require a lot of money, all you need is some skilL.
- Home teacher
This days alot of parents desire that their children get taught at home, if you can make yourself available on agreed days, then you can make money while impacting knowledge on students, also for external exams like Jamb, WAEC, NECO, you can decide to form a team and teach students at a specified location.
Some people are exceptional cooks, why not take your exiting kitchen moments to the next level and get contracts to cook for events, make people feel your impact and call you for more.
- Private fitness training